Posted by: admin
book, jQuery, Twitter
November 28, 2011 |
Me, for a change! Well, I came second, so I'm happy. :)
I enter competitions online fairly regularly in the attempt to win books and gadgets, but never win, so never really expect to. Obviously a small part of me lives in hope otherwise I'd not bother!
So it came as somewhat of a surprise when I entered a competition via - you guessed it - Twitter to win a copy of the latest in the acclaimed jQuery series from Dan Wellman: "jQuery UI 1.8 - The User Interface Library for jQuery" and actually won an eBook version!
From a quick glance, it looks impressive, and reviews suggest that it's a great...
My online social networking consists of 99% Twitter, with the remaining 1% shared between Foursquare and Facebook.
Of course those stats are made up, but essentially, I find little use for anything other than Twitter for my online social needs. I check-in using Foursquare, on average, maybe 2-3 times a month (often not at all), and check Facebook a couple of times a week, but otherwise - shared between 2 accounts - I Tweet, arguably, a lot more than is strictly necessary!
With this in mind, I was surprised to see one of my reciprocal Twitter followers proudly announcing that he'd unfollowed...
I had a revelation.
As a regular user of Twitter, I'm familiar with seeing the hashtag "#lazyweb".
I'd always interpreted this as being shorthand for "I know I could use a search engine for this, but it's quicker and easier to just Tweet it!" I'm not suggesting there's anything wrong with this as I've used it exactly that way myself several times. :)
The excellent, multitalented Charlie Brooker asked a question on Twitter, using #lazyweb in the way described, to which he received numerous replies, including the answer he was looking for. Afterwards, he said he had "Several people asking...